In God’s Call is a Journey part 1, I told my story of how God called me and brought me to where I am today. Where am I today?
Since God’s Call
Since my call in 2000 when I was 57 and the publication of my first book in 2003 at 60, I have not only established myself as an author, but I have also become a coach. This additional skillset has been added because I want to help authors, whether new or struggling, glorify God and become the best authors they can be.
God’s Call Motivated Me
That call of God motivated me to start Christian Authors Business Institute, which in turn created the Basic Writing Course. This course is based on the following:
- Students are called of God to write
- Our motto is God has enabled me, trained me and equipped me
- I take personal interest in each student
God’s Call Requires Commitment
- I am committed to each student to help them become their very best
- Each student is committed to doing the assignments
- Investing time in the lesson material is also required
- Every student is committed to their vision
A Faithful Vision
When students begin, they may not know their vision, but one of the goals is for them to discover their vision, then to be committed to it.
My vision is based on Psalm 71:18: “Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed Thy strength unto this generation, and Thy power to every one that is to come.”
Your vision is your motivation. It is stronger than money, fame, or worldly success. It will keep you going no matter what.
Principles of God’s Call
- Trust God (Luke 6:31; Philippians 4:19):this principle teaches us to treat others as you would want to be treated, plus, trust God’s provision.
- Wait on God (Psalms 27:14, 37:34; Proverbs 20:22) teaches us to patiently wait for God’s Will to be Done.
- God’s Thoughts Higher Than Our Thoughts (Isaiah 59:9) The smartest man or woman doesn’t come close to God’s wisdom.
- God’s Will is Perfect and Timely (Psalm 143:10; Luke 12:28; Romans 8:28) teaches us that God has a perfect master plan for our lives. It is always the best and always on time.
- Give God the Glory (1 Corinthians 10:31; Hebrews 13:15
So what can we draw from this journey?
I believe the following passage expresses today’s truth about God:
“This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.” (Lam. 3:20-26)
We are never too old to be reminded of God’s faithfulness and mercy. I dare say that as we get older, we need to trust God more because we can no longer do the things we once did. So, we need to depend on Him more.
- TRUST GOD!
- WAIT ON GOD.
- HIS THOUGHTS ARE HIGHER THAN OURS.
- GOD’S WILL IS PERFECT & TIMELY.
- GIVE GOD THE GLORY.
When God called me in 2000. I was now 57 years old, when most people are retiring. As I write this, I have only recently turned 80. That means that since I first heard God’s call it has been 23 years!
At the age of 80, I don’t know if He is going to give me another 40 years as He did Moses, or just increase my productivity, but I do know or at least see through the mirror a little clearer, that writing about Him, His Word, and His people is His plan for me.
T&R Independent Books brings you this blog post to keep you informed on the issues of today. Authors need to stay informed so that they can relate to their readers facts as well as entertain them with their imagination.
It’s Your Business is a Basic Writing Course that explains and guides you into becoming an author. Powered by video along with PDFs and Coaching you learn the basics of writing. Each class registration occurs between the 25th of a month and runs through the 24th of the following month. The new class starts the following month.
To discover how you can be the writer you want to be, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond.
Did God call you to write? If so, then you can contact me at email@example.com or use the contact form on the website.
VISIT MY AUTHOR’S PAGE TODAY: amazon.com/author/rfrederickriddle.
Don’t forget to comment below. We are always interested in your opinions. And to make sure you get our blogs, simply check the box that says, Notify me of new posts via email.
T&R Independent Bookstore is a division of T&R Independent Books founded in 2014 by R. Frederick and Tess Riddle. TR Ministry, aka Ministry Services, is both a charge and an exciting outreach to the Christian Community.